Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving...



Well it has been a week since I blogged about the Marlows...or at least one Marlow and one soon-to-be Marlow. Although, it doesn't feel like it has been a week. In fact, it feels like it has been merely a day, possibly two. Both Matt and I have been really busy!

On Wednesday, Matt loaded up with the team taking a bus to Reagan Airport to head to Milwaukee Wisconsin for the Marquette's Women's Basketball Thanksgiving Tournament. After the flight, the team got to work with practice. Then it was Thanksgiving, and Matt had turkey for the first time on Thanksgiving in a long time! Thanksgiving day was game free, but I'm sure there was still practice and work to be done. Friday the 15th-ranked Virginia women’s basketball team faced and defeated Utah in its first game at the WBCA Classic. Tonight they will take on Marquette, the host themselves. I don't evny Matt, working on a holiday that is all about family, but I know what would make his holiday. Virginia holding on to beat Virginia Tech. Currently UVA is winning 14-7 at halftime!! GO HOOS! Matt and his sister Katharine (who is a Hokie - senior at VT) always smack-talk this time of year, specifically for this game and I know Matt would love for a UVA victory since lately the Hokies have been dominating. So, although he is spending today working until the game, I'm sure he has his eye on the score of the "big" game! UVA will play again tomorrow before heading back to Charlottesville.

Last Friday, (look at last post) I was in Daleville, Alabama visiting my sister Barbara, my brother-in-law Eric, and my niece Abby. I got back to my parents condo Friday night - and froze my butt off!!!! 26 degrees in Florida is just wrong, plain and simple...Anyways, I spent Saturday as a lazy day (bad idea since my first final is in 3 days) - but I took Molly out to play and walk for a while and then spent the day reading the book Twilight. I'm not kidding. I know some of you are shocked - I read! Anyways, FANTASTIC book! Since then have finished book 2 (Half Moon) and book 3 (Eclipse). Although I will say, went to the movie with my mom, oldest sister Kimberly, and twin sister, Robyn...HORRIBLE! Anyways, Saturday night Kimberly and her husband Jeff showed up at the door (after a long drive from St. Louis) with my nephews Logan and Carter. I spent Sunday and Monday hanging out with them - even babysitting one night. It was fun! Next thing I knew it was Tuesday. I had a meeting with a potential florist for the wedding - BOOKED her! She was amazing! Then off to pick up my twin sister from the airport and take Molly to vet for annual check-up (sidenote: Molly has lost 10 lbs. and her bloodwork and heartworm test results were fantastic). Then it was time for my parents to arrive that night! That was a blast because they had packed up 1/2 of the rental house from Gadsden. We helped unload into their new house - I'd never see the inside so it was awesome! The next day was "girls day" and i spent my morning attempting to finish my international ip paper. Then we (the girls) went to lunch and a movie. The next day was the BIG DAY - HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Woke up early...got some work done...watched some of the parade...hung out with my dad...got ready for brunch...took family portraits with everyone (Barbara, Eric, and Abby arrived that morning)...had brunch at the Sandestin Grand...and then headed back to the condo for the best part...ORNAMENT MAKING party! We got together and decided to surprise my parents with an ornament making party after the brunch - and everyone made ornaments! (Some of you may know, some may not...my family house burned down in March after being struck by lightening and my family lost everything - materialistic that is...they still had their lives) so it was a fantastic idea that my parents loved and I have to say, after 3 hours, the new tree and new homemade ornaments look FANTASTIC! Then the next morning, Friday, I was up early and driving back to Birmingham by 5:30 am. I was back in Birmingham by 10 am and started preparing for finals and finishing papers. That is what I will be doing all weekend as my first final is Monday at 8 am.

However, I just wanted to let eveyone know how thankful Matt and I are for all of you! We hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving - whether with family or not, whether with turkey or not, whether with finals or not! Ha!

1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

Well, this Mom and Dad had a TERRIFIC Thanksgiving...and thank you...for all you are and all you do. Hope tomorrow AM finds you in a final that is not too hard! Thinking about you....