Monday, November 17, 2008

Congrats UVA....




Oh my gosh, I couldn't even wait until tomorrow to blog.

In fact, I couldn't even wait 5 minutes.

I just finished watching the best women's basketball game I have ever seen.

The (15) UVA Cavs took on the (7) Lady Vols in Tennessee, and staged the best UPSET I've seen.

It was a fantastic game!!!!! FANTASTIC - AWESOME - FREAKING AMAZING!

If you missed it on SportsSouth, all I can hope is that you can catch a replay!!!

UVA won 83-82...did I mention it was PHENOMENAL game!

Huge props to Monica (Mony) Wright...#22, the player in the picture above for a career high points...35 in this game!!!!! Tonight Monica made basketball look easy - and it was as if just seconds after the ball was in her hands UVA's score was going up! Definitely also to Brittney Millner (good lord can this girl play defense- i tell you, she is a fire ball), for nailing a free throw under huge pressure to give UVA the 1 point lead with with 6 seconds left in the game - and getting her own rebound after her second free throw. The first picture above. Millner - she laughs in the face of pressure!!! (Ok, maybe she wasn't laughing, but when DR asked her if she was ok and/or need a time out, she didn't take it - so we will call that kindof like laughter...or at least I will). And then Whitney Edwards, had this AMAZING steal in the last few minutes - it was one of those plays that are called "game changing!"

I am so proud of the UVA Women's basketball team tonight - they came together as a TEAM and looked good doing it. They hit the boards so hard for offensive rebounds...they were on hands and knees fighting for the loose balls....they didn't stoop to Tennessee's low shots (Glory nailed UVA in back of head for technical)....no - UVA played their game, and it is just what they needed. So, GO HOOS GO!!!

Tonight my blood runs blue and orange, no doubt about that!!!

WA-HOO-WAH!!!!!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Congrats on the big win!! I'm sure Matt is so excited!! :) :) Thanks for the very sweet comments about our weaning. I am still a tad emotional but have gone all day without tears! Have a great night!!

Liz said...

yayyyyyy!

a said...

and what about the BU win?