Sunday, November 16, 2008

It's here...



It's here...my brand new MacBook. Some of you know of my past computer problems, and some of you may not. Well long story short, I was having computer problems. I went to Grace, the computer woman at school. She is fantastic! I mean seriously, best ever. She loaned me a MacBook just like the one I had to use until my issue was resolved. Off my computer went to the Apple store. First, they put in a new hard drive. Grace got my computer back, and...still the problem continued. Back to the Apple store it went with Grace, they shipped it to Memphis for a new motherboard. Grace got my computer back, and...still the problem continued. So Grace then called Apple to see what was going on...and what they were going to try next to fix it..(I would like to take a minute to thank my father for purchasing the Apple Care Protection plan, because all of these fixes would amount to probably $800, but for me were FREE as part of the protection plan). Well Grace chatted with the Apple store for over an hour that morning...and the result is here.

Apple took my old MacBook and offered to exchange it for a brand new one. Since they no longer sell what I bought, then I get the brand new one. I don't have it yet, as it was shipped to Grace and she is putting all of my stuff on it (yeah, she SAVED all my work!) and upgrades (didn't I tell you she was fantastic), but she sent me an email with some pictures! I'm thinking I'll be picking it up tomorrow from her! Just in time to start studying for my finals!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

did i tell you that as of 2 weeks ago, logan is now the proud owner of your old, old laptop? it's the one you left at my house about a year ago. he loves it but i think we're going to have to purchase a tiny fan or something to put under it. it gets overheated quickly and the whole computer shuts down. we've got it elevated but still no sucess w/the overheating. i keep telling jeff we should break down and get an apple! and obviously one w/the protection plan! :)