Saturday, November 15, 2008

One word....



One word to sum up this week - SICK! I didn't even get to post about last Sunday because around 5:30 pm that night the fever started...then followed the sore throat...before I knew it, I had strep throat! Definitely no fun this week - fevers off an on all week, lost my voice, hurt so bad to swallow, horrible cough...but today (almost one whole week later) I've had my very first fever free day (I know, it's only 9:11 am, but I'm being optimistic!)!

Last Sunday I went on a two hour walk with my neighbor Gene and his great danes, Gunther and Dally. Molly has become really good friends with Gunther and Dally. After we got back Gene and I watched the dogs play in his back yard - and by play I mean Molly eating Gunther's food while Gunther smelled Molly's behind! Ha! The best part however was when Gunther went to eat his own food, oh Molly did not like that. I think she thought it was her food. Well I had to let her know that attempting to go after Gunther was NOT a good idea because it was 1) his food and 2) he could kill her with one swat of his giant paws. See, I'm used to great danes because I grew up with them, but Molly - well she's just thinks she can run with the big dogs.

After the walk, it was off to get Christmas presents done for family. I accomplished some, but not all. I like to have my Christmas shopping done by Thanksgiving!! That way I don't stress about it over finals. Then it was home to shower and get dressed. Mary Frances picked me up at noon and we were off to Christmas Village. It is held inside the BJCC and it is a huge Christmas show with hundreds of booths! I was able to get a lot of stuff - and not just for me! It was fun. Then Mary Frances and I headed to Golden Rule for some BBQ. After that it was back to my apartment so she could help me with some blogger problems. About 30 minutes after she left I started feeling sick.

I started antibiotics, but it just didn't seem to help - at least not until yesterday! Yesterday my fantastic parents (a day before their big Retirement Extravaganza Cruise) brought me more antibiotics, nyquil, kleenex, and SOUP (amongst other stuff)! Man, my parents are fantastic! So I spent most of yesterday in bed besides taking Molly out and will do the same today. I still have a really bad cough, but the throat and voice sound better, although I'm feeling very weak.

The bummer about the sickness is that I won't be able to see Matt this weekend! :-( We had plans to meet in Knoxville on Sunday. Matt and the UVA Women's basketball team is heading there to hopefully stage a HUGE upset to the Lady Vols on Monday night. However, due to being sick, I've decided to stay in Birmingham this weekend and get better!

Matt and I are both pretty bummed that we won't be seeing each other until after my finals, but on a happy note last night was UVA women's basketball season OPENER (despite the exhibition game against DT3 last week)...Well the HOOS outdid themselves last night with a 30 point win over HIGH POINT! WA-HOO-WAH! Today is work and practice for Matt before they head out tomorrow to Knoxville. Tomorrow night Matt will be watching the Redskins whoop up on the Cowboys and then Monday is game day! I'll be spending today and tomorrow resting and knocking this cold out of my system, then another full week of classes and papers.

Hope everyone is able to stay healthy and possibly watch the Hoos on SportsSouth Monday @ 7 pm. GO HOOS!

1 comment:

Liz said...

ah! i hope you feel better. strep is so not fun, especially when you probably have a billion things to do for school.