Saturday, August 30, 2008

Football is finally here....

  vs.  
  vs. 

Well it's finally here...you know what I'm taking about...FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!  

I know that Matt has been counting down until he was able to walk into Scott Stadium and watch his beloved Cav's; and other friends have been waiting for Alabama and Auburn to kick off, but I never thought that I would be this excited for football season to start.  I'll tell you why I was so excited...this season I was able to start it off by watching my alumni institution and then Matt's!!  Unfortunately, this weekend did not bode well for either.  

Baylor (SIC'EM BEARS) played Wake Forest Thursday night, and as it was the night before oral surgery I was able to watch it with my parents in Gadsden on the big screen.  Although the final score was 41-13 I'm going to call it a win for Baylor.  In case you aren't familiar with Baylor football, the fact that we scored on a ranked team should put a W in our column for the year! What a great way to start out our new coaches year.  When we scored I even stood up and did the Sic'em Bears sign - because let's face it, I can't remember "That Good 'Ole Baylor Line"  (and I'll be fine if that song never ventures back into my memory).  So way to go Baylor!!! I'm proud of you BU - here's to a season that could possibly hold an actual win or even perhaps 2!!!

Then that leaves UVA. I know what you are thinking if you know the score....52-7.  Well I would like to take this time to remind everyone that USC is ranked 3rd in the nation!  I'm not sure anyone was expecting UVA to hand USC an upset - but I can honestly say with the end of the first quarter being 21-7, I did have some hope.  Although the hope died out by the end of the 3rd quarter I want to say that I still can't wait to see those Cav's in action.  UVA football is some of the best I've ever seen (the atmosphere, scott staduim, tail-gating, adventures of cav-man, UVA first down, and so much more) and watching those people in Scott Stadium today,I was jealous!  I know that win or lose I can't wait to be back there with them as part of CAVALIER NATION.  So, here's to kicking some Richmond butt next Saturday - WA-HOO-WA!!!


No comments: