Friday, August 1, 2008

Is this funny?

You know that commercial...I think it is for TBS...I know you know it.  It is the annoying one, that everyone hates, but for some reason unknown to man, they continue to show it but just alternate variations of it....It is the one where an individual calls in to a dispatcher and tells the dispatcher the situation and the dispatcher then tells the level of "funny" and determines how hard you are allowed to laugh...

Well, let's pretend I'm the caller....Here's the situation:

Matt gets to the Washington, D.C. airport and past security by 4:30 
His flight scheduled to leave at 7:54 pm
He has only a carry-on bag.
He gets a bite to eat with his mother.
He gets to the gate.
He waits patiently for his flight.
7:54 plane not at gate.
8:54 plane not at gate.
9:00 plane arrives.
9:10 told that plane's cargo hold would not open.
11:00 finally boarding plane.

Funny yet? I didn't think so.  So, I'll continue, well, by continue, I mean fill in the missing detail.

Matt was flying from D.C. to N.C. to B'ham.
Matt's connecting flight in Charlotte departed at 10:35.

Yeah, you did the math with the time correct, Matt missed his connection in N.C. thanks to U.S. Air!  Super! So now he will finally get to Charlotte well after midnight and will not get into B'ham until 9:53 tomorrow morning...spending tonight at the Charlotte airport...

Funny yet? I didn't think so.  So, I'll continue, well, by continue, I mean fill in the missing detail.

My admiralty final starts at 9 am tomorrow and goes until noon.  

Fantastic! So now, I am driving to B'ham tomorrow morning at 5 am (I don't want to risk a flat tire or anything and miss my final)...taking my final at my apartment in B'ham from 9-noon...Matt will take a taxi to my apartment when his plane (finally) arrives...He'll shower and hang out until I'm done with my final...then we will head to Gadsden to have a late lunch with my grandmother..then another meeting at 3:30...and then a very long drive tomorrow night....it feels like tomorrow is going to be a very very long day....

Funny yet? Yeah, I didn't think so either.  Neither did TBS.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Definitely not funny. I'm sorry you had to deal with all this travel drama! I hope your test went well and you are enjoying your well-earned vacation with Matt!!