Thursday, August 21, 2008

Grams



With my admiralty final and the drama of Matt's 18 hour flight delay to get to Alabama a few weeks ago, Matt and I forgot to blog about a very special event.  The day Matt flew in we rushed from the Birmingham airport (only minutes after my Admiralty final) back to Gadsden - for a most special event - lunch at Red Lobster with Grams!  

Now, most of you who know me, know Grams - and for those who don't, here is a crash course, she is my grandmother! Grams is a very special part of my life.  When I was a little girl (like 5) Grams and Papere (my grandfather) moved from Atlanta, Georgia to right across the street from me! It was GREAT growing up with them across the street, I have so many fond memories and continue to each time I visit with her.  

In fact, I was given the opportunity to go visit with Grams tonight and had a fantastic time learning about all of my ancestors and going down memory lane with some old photos that were found.  However, a brand new photo of Grams had been taken and I knew it was one I had to share! The above photographs are of Grams, Matt, and I leaving Red Lobster and thanking Grams for a fantastic meal and fellowship, but what isn't picture in those photographs is the gift Matt brought for Grams.  

Here's a little background...Matt has met Grams before, when, in Grams' words she "wasn't herself."  But Matt did however know that even when Grams is "herself," she is always cold or chilly.  So, Matt brought Grams a toasty warm Virginia sweatshirt to the lunch at Red Lobster! It was all wrapped up and Grams was so cute when she opened it.  In fact, she started using in right then and there to prop her back up!  The sweatshirt is great for Grams because the inside is fleece, which keeps her warm and at the same time, super cozy!  Apparently even though it has been 95+ degrees for the past few weeks in Alabama, Grams is already getting her wear out of her new sweatshirt, and this time not as a back prop. 


No comments: