Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where did the weekend go?


Well the first week away from each other came and went (Monday especially bad days for both Matt and I)  - and was followed by a visit to Charlottesville for the weekend - or at least technically a day and 1/2 of the weekend.  

I decided that this past weekend I would drive to Charlottesville - this is how it went.  Matt told me early last week that this past Saturday was move-in day for new and returning students to UVA and that meant no leaving his apartment in that crazy traffic.  So I thought, that Saturday would then be a great day for us to pick "Save the Date" magnets and possibly invitations over skype - so they will both be something we both enjoy.  So as I pondered this on Thursday, with the help of a few others (my parents), I decided that it would be much more fun to decide these things in person.  So, after a doctor's appointment Friday morning I started the drive to Charlottesville, with the hopes of being in sometime in the late afternoon.  Hopes were dashed when Matt and I found out that "Nascar Nation" was in Johnson City/Bristol this past weekend.  Oh well. I arrived in Charlottesville, later than expected, but Matt and I were able to enjoy dinner and a movie (ironically he recommend The Queen, and I loved it).  

Then Saturday was a full day:
1.) take my car to Sears Tire and Auto (yes, unfortunately we had to go out in the traffic anyways because my check engine light came on)
2.) go to Circuit City so Kelly can buy her new camera (and no, I did not purchase the camera because after being in the empty store for 10 minutes staring at only the camera section nobody offered to help me - and another customer had to ask for help 3 times before someone listened to her - so Matt and I left there with me bitching and Matt slightly confused as to my actions)
3.) head back to apartment (where we decided on a save the date magnet, booked the remainder of our honeymoon, and have a possibility for a wedding invitation)

Then before we knew it, it was 6:45 am on Sunday and I was leaving to return to Alabama.

It was a productive and whirlwind weekend, and really nice to be together again - and as today started Matt and I both are a little bit tired of long distance! We will definitely be seeing each other again for the weekend of Sept. 20th (engagement photos on the lawn @ UVA), but we are both not sure if schedules will allow for either of us to make the drive before then.

So, until then, we continue - I'm in the second week of my 3L year at Cumberland School of Law - and Matt with his "official" first week of the new school year @ UVA. 


2 comments:

a said...

shouldn't you do engagement photos on the BU campus?

The Bestest's said...

i really want Matt's first taste of BU to be a homecoming - I just don't know when!!! We will be getting them done in the same location where Matt proposed - as much as I'm going to miss a super cute photo outside of waco hall! ha! ha! A - you are fantastic!