Thursday, August 14, 2008

Busy Busy Bees...

It's me again...Kelly... So Matt pretty much hit the highlights, but I thought I'd catch everyone up to speed...Matt's right, we've had a lot of appointments and we've hit the ground running on this wedding planning thing...So, in the past 2 weeks, we have accomplished a lot:

1) Matt saw the venue, and loved it! He also got to meet Hilton's wedding coordinator Paula Benson who we will be working with.
2) We found an officiant...Rev. Don Goodrum 
3) We found a wedding planner...Kimberly Bartoli
4) We found a photographer...Gwyne and Mark Owens
5) We found a bakery...Southern Style Desserts (website unknown)

So basically, we are leaving with only a Florist and DJ to find...each of which we have GREAT recommendations for!  It is really an awesome feeling that both Matt and I have been able to meet the individuals that we will be working with on our wedding day and for the months before.  Each individual we have met seem to fit in with our lifestyle and our ideas/thoughts for the wedding! I hope each vendor will continue to be a joy to work with!

Now...on to the good stuff that Matt didn't post about...

Well, the first thing he didn't post about is something we did while we were down in Sandestin....I'm not talking about the drinking/singing at Rum Runners, or the fun in the sun/pool, nope - I'm talking about the plate that Matt and I designed and painted at Paint'n Place!!!



We are going to make another one before we get married next august with the same kind of look except for rings it will be a bride and groom in the center and the date will be our wedding date!!! So cute! Well, at least I think so.  I'm not sure Matt loved it so much - but I would like to state for the record there were in fact other men in there painting other pottery pieces and men in my family have in fact painted there before...but well, I'm not sure painting was Matt's "cup of tea"...eventually though, we both really enjoyed doing it and spending the time together, just the two of us again.  It was really really nice!

Then there was the putt-putt (mini-golf) game at The Track.  Matt and I played the "Mountain Course."  It was again, a lot of fun.  It started to sprinkle a little bit, but that didn't hold us back!! 
  

It's funny though, because Matt got a 7 (literally, a 7) on one hole and followed it up with a hole in 1 on the next hole!!! CRAZY!!! I unfortunately also got a 7 on a hole, but thank goodness we were playing by the Wallace family rules (aka a "club length" is literally the length of the club and not just the club head) that I was able to pull away in the end winning 54 to 57!!! Woo-hoo! Below you will see evidence of Matt's 7 and 1!!! 

     


Unfortunately we are now back in Birmingham as of yesterday at 1:30.  We brought in all the luggage, unpacked, did laundry, worked on a few things and then went to dinner and "shopping!" I'll blog more about the "shopping" tomorrow. Matt leaves tomorrow morning and I know I'll be sad and I'm going to miss him, so I'm going to spend the next few hours hanging out with him (attempting to get him to look up from this apparently fantastic book he has been reading since florida).


No comments: