Monday, September 1, 2008

Officially a genius - or at least really good at Admiralty!

   

Ok, so I'd just like to say, I have the best parents known to man...I mean really, they are great!!! This past weekend I've been their patient/house-guest, but tonight they totally surprised me with something that dealt with neither being a patient or house-guest, but rather a student.

Here's some background information for you first...This summer I was clerking at a law firm for 40+ hours a week in Gadsden, Alabama and also taking 2 Cumberland law school courses.  The courses were offered online, which I found out means a lot of reading, a lot of writing, the same 3 hour horrible finals and the only plus being that there is  not actual classroom you must sit in like a typical class.  The two classes I took were Professional Responsibility and Admiralty.  

Admiralty assignments were due every Sunday night by midnight and the Professional Responsibility assignments were due every Monday night by midnight...for 9 weeks! It was a lot of hard work, but at least it paid off!!! I did well in both classes which was great for me, but then I found out even better news for my admiralty class.

I BOOKED ADMIRALTY!!!!!  If you aren't familiar with that term, it means that I made the highest grade in the Admiralty class - out of all the students taking the class.  Now I found out this information in an instant message from a guy who is in the top 10% of our class (sidenote: I am not in top 10%)...and, seeing as how he was in that class, I thought he was kidding.  I was laughing and told him thank you for that laugh, well, he sent me an instant message to the "SCHOLARS OF MERIT" page for Cumberland Law School - and sure enough there I was in the number 1 spot (number 1 spot because admiralty is first class alphabetically)!

Anyways, my point here is that I decided to automatically share this news with the people who knew how much ass I had busted all summer - my parents and Matt.  Well tonight at dinner (Villa Fiesta - woo-hoo for eating solid foods), my parents surprised me with my golden admiralty book!!  I absolutely loved it, and it is sitting on my table in my apartment - proudly showing it off, as the table is the first thing you see upon entering my place.

So with that being said, I just want to take a moment to thank my parents for always supporting me 110% in all I do - being there for me when I'm down or fallen and picking me up and reminding me to always TRY and to do the best you can! Thanks mom and dad for supporting me this summer in so many ways - the words thank you are no where near enough! 

Here's to parents everywhere - It's not an easy job and to those of you that do it well, know that you are loved no matter how old your children get! 

4 comments:

Wandering Wallaces said...

We, personally, as parents of an Admiralty booker, are so very proud of her! Way to go 3LS, Ms. Kelly!

Meredith said...

Woo hoo! Go Kelly! You are a genius. :)

Mary Frances said...

Congrats Kelly!!!

Elizabeth said...

You didn't tell me this! Holy crap that's amazing! I always knew you were in my genii club. Love you!