Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whirlwind Weekend...




So, this weekend was a whirlwind...and it actually began Thursday. My mom was in town with me because I had a minor surgery and well the rest of that day was a blur - probably because the night before was such horrible storms, I think that I might have slept for a total of 2 hours!! Then Friday, my sister Barbara, her daughter Abby, my mom, and Ethylea (a great family friend) were scheduled to meet at 6 pm for dinner for at the Cheesecake Factory. Now although I was sad to see Virginia lose to California, it meant that Matt could come visit me this weekend - and most importantly meet members of my family he has never met.

So I "surprised" Barbara and Abby with having Matt meet us at dinner! Matt brought Abby her very own UVA basketball t-shirt! Now all the kiddos have one - Logan, Carter, and Abby rockin' some sweet UVA gear! Dinner was delicious and Matt and I got to have some quality time with Abby while we took her for a walk while waiting on desert to arrive. It was a fun night. The next morning was breakfast at the hotel that my mom, Barbara, and Abby and then while they went swimming we went and worked on our registry at Bed, Bath, and Beyond - (Sidenote: This is what I mean by "worked on"....I changed my mind again, and thought we should add some color to our selections...and Matt well, he enjoyed if for oh, about the first 10 minutes...but we were out within an hour!! Woo-hoo!)....then it was back home to rest and so Matt could enjoy some Alabama BBQ for lunch. Yesterday afternoon Matt held down the fort with Molly while I joined my mom, Barbara, and Abby for Disney Playhouse Live at the BJCC (the reason Barbara and Abby were in town). It was actually a pretty good show - considering I'm a lot older than the targeted audience. I think the best was watching Abby's reactions....She was mesmorized by the show...I'm pretty sure she didn't blink once!!!!! And she would clap and dance. Did I mention that both she and my sister were dressed like Minnie Mouse? Abby wore her halloween costume from last year - Minnie Mouse...and Barbara had a more sophisticated Minnie Mouse outfit. I even attempted my best Minnie Mouse appearance wearing Abby's ears and she well, didn't so much love them yesterday!

After that it was back to the house to hang out with Matt - meaning more basketball and Jason's Deli for dinner. Today Matt is headed back to Charlottesville, and I'm attempting to finish homework and pack up the rest of my apartment!! I think both of us are ready to be within minutes of each other rather than hours!

So, as my mom, sister, niece, and Matt are on the road - Here's hoping everyone had a great weekend and a safe trip home!

2 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

SOPHISTICATED!!!!!!! you said it, not me! ;-)

Wandering Wallaces said...

What a terrific aunt for "finding" all the "to-dos" in Birmingham! Aunt Kelly, this go-round, you really rocked!