Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Famous Law Prom



Barrister's Ball was this past Saturday or as most people affectionately call it "LAW PROM." Now I've gone to law prom for the past two years, so it should come as no surprise that I went this year too. This year we passed on dinner and opted for hors d'oeuvres at Anna's house. Anna and Scully (Anna's fiance) cooked some AMAZING stuff for us. By "us" I mean...Me, Robby, James, and Jennifer Oliver (who I call Oliver because there are so many Jennifers!) So first things first drive over to her house. I was Oliver's designated drive and Robby was the designated drive for James, Scully, and Anna. We got to Anna's house around 6:45 and snacked until 7:30. The food was phenomenal! Then it was off to law prom. The prom was held at B & A Warehouse. It's basically a time for law students to enjoy free food and free liquid courage (and by free I mean for a $55 ticket). However, I didn't eat or drink. I sat at the blackjack table for almost the whole night and won a little over $8,000. Now of course that was fake money, but for every $500 you got an extra raffle ticket. I ended up winning a $45 bottle of red wine (which I gave to Anna to thank her for the pre-law prom), a gift certificate to somewhere (catering place or something - not sure) and a $125 spa gift certificate for a Silk Peel (I don't know what it is, so don't ask!) Anyways, after that it was off to Nana Funk's...well, at least it was me dropping Oliver off there with the others and I went home. Molly needed out, I was exhausted, and thought I'd be sound asleep in a few. Instead it was a sleepless night and an early morning. I realize now, I'm getting old because even though I consumed no liquid courage, the next day I was worn-out! Guess that means Barrister's Ball was again a GREAT SUCCESS!!!

No comments: