Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Search for a Leprechaun....



Yesterday was St. Paddy's Day (properly referred to as St. Patrick's Day) and I was on the hunt to find a leprechaun.  I knew my best bet would be at Baytown Warf last night. I mean green beer, celtic singers, strolling bagpipers...isn't that just screaming "There's a leprechaun hiding somewhere!!!"  

My parents and I doned our green outfits (although truth be told we wore them ALL day - dancing leprechauns and orange hair bouncing from mine and my mom's hair while purchasing necessities for the wedding and their new house was definitely a site to see!) and headed to the warf to partake in the festivities.

Although we had a good time - listening to the music, drinking green beer (i had a small sip of my mom's small glass to see if it really tasted different...it didn't - which I like to say thank goodness...because there is absolutely no reason to change Bud Light...and my dad wasn't overly thrilled about a tasty green beverage), and walking around.  The only potential activities of a Leprechaun was our hour and a half wait at dinner for water!!! Seriously, the food never came in an hour and a half and this was the order: 1) chips and queso (not me...i know...shocker...my dad's)....veggie quesidilla (my mom's) and a hamburger (me)....So although there were signs of a leprechaun playing games he was never seen....and as such the hunt will continue next year!

Here's hoping everyone had a Happy St. Paddy's day and wore some green, but for those of you that didn't didn't wear green...well I kind of hope someone pinched you! Ha! Ha! (Course I didn't pinch anyone who wasn't wearing green - can't afford a lawsuit! Ha! Ha!)

Speaking of Green....my friend A (Andy) made an EXCELLENT point in a comment to a below post about the HOOS going to the big dance.  It seems that in all my excitement for the girls, Matt, and the school - I forgot about my loyalties to the GREEN and GOLD!!! So, I would just like to give a shout-out to those Baylor Bears! The men upsetting both Kansas and Texas to take on Mizzou (and give them a run for their money) in the Big 12 Championship game...and of course the women's team, Big 12 Champions!  SIC'EM BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

Leprechaun or not...it was a "bet ya bygorin'" grand day for the Irish..course, we are not that! but certainly had a great time celebrating with you in FL while the rest of the fam kept busy searching in their parts of the US.