Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Love March Madness!


I absolutely LOVE March Madness. Every year I do the bracket thing - and for the past two years I've won the group I'm in. This year I've got 14 out of the Sweet 16 and a PERFECT bracket for the East Region. I'm not in the lead - thanks to Arizona - seriously, who saw that coming? But I'm okay with that and I'll tell you why....Because this year I can say it's great to be a BAYLOR BEAR!!!! I am so proud of the Bears and Lady Bears! Last night I had the honor of watching both teams in AMAZING games! The Bears took on Auburn last night at Auburn. It was a phenomenal game with a final nail-biting score of 74-72. Today is a great day to be a BAYLOR BEAR in the state of Alabama. Then, the Lady Bears took on South Dakota State last night - and a shot by guard Kelli Griffin with 0.5 seconds left in the game gave the Lady Bears the win.

Now I'm not sure my bracket will make it much further - I have Mizzou beating Memphis, but that's ok with me because I'm more interested this year in the Women's bracket and the NIT bracket...So good luck BEARS!!!

Sidenote: Enough about Baylor, and on to an update about those amazing HOOS I'm always talking about. Unfortunately the HOOS season ended with a loss to Cali on Monday night. It was a great effort, but unfortunately, just not quite enough. I'm excited to say that next season though they will have one more fan in the crowd - ME! So here's to next season - GO HOOS! And congrats on a great season!

No comments: