Friday, September 5, 2008

Boys Weekend vs. Girls Weekend

The weekend is here - technically, it's friday morning at 8:30, so it's here for me, but it is only almost here for Matt coming at 5 pm today!  This weekend is special though, for both Matt and I. Normal weekends for myself include leaving the Birmingham area (I don't care where I go, I just get out, and get out fast) and during football season, Matt's weekends include recruits, basketball players, tail-gates, a big white van, a UVA football game - basically lots of work!  However, this weekend is distinctly different for both of us! Ready for the shock? 

I'M STAYING IN BIRMINGHAM and MATT DOESN'T HAVE TO WORK!

So, we'll start with Matt's weekend because honestly, it is going to be much more fun than mine! Matt is having a "Boys Weekend."  (That is just my self-proclaimed title for it).  Anyways, a lot of his fraternity brothers (some who are groomsmen) are coming to Charlottesville to watch the big game...

          
UVA Cavaliers              vs.    Richmond Spiders 

Hopefully Tropical Storm Hannah (potentially Hurricane Category 1 Hannah) won't drop too much rain and wind in C'ville and the guys will be able to enjoy tail-gating, the game, and the Corner afterwards!  I know what it is like with college friends living all over the place and no longer being able to see them on a daily basis - so I'm so excited for Matt to get to hang out with his friends this weekend, especially with no work!  Woo-hoo!!! So I hope you guys have fun!  

My weekend isn't nearly as fun (yeah, I can admit that - easily).  I will be staying in Birmingham and working on school project for one of my classes and papers for all my other classes.  Molly has been sick this week.  She hasn't puked since Wednesday - thank goodness, but her food also doesn't seem to be working its way through her as normal either (aka she's not pooping - sorry if that is too much for the blog).  So I take her out for really long walks and then she pretty much spends the rest of her time sleeping on the bed right next to me.  Currently her head has been resting on my right leg for the past 20 minutes (she likes to hear a heartbeat when she sleeps, isn't she adorable).  I'm fine with it because I want her to be able to get her rest - an upset tummy is no fun for anyone, human or puppy dog.  So other than a dinner out with the boys (two of my really good friends here in Birmingham, Robby and James - which was Chili's Thurday night) I'll be inside working hard and taking care of Molly.  (I've got a picture of Molly on the bed, but I can't get it loaded, so I'll put it up later)

I hope everyone has a GREAT weekend, whether it be a boys weekend full of football and fun or a girls weekend full of an adorable puppy and homework!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Boo for having homework over the weekend and Molly being sick. :( I hope she feels better! Your sweet parents sent Will the most adorable outfit! It was so nice of them! Have a happy Friday! P.S. Let me know when you want to change things up on your blog. I'm always up for some photoshop/blog layout fun. :)