Sunday, September 21, 2008

Apple Picking

Ok, so you may or may not know, but this weekend was 
another 10 hour trip up to Charlottesville, VA for 
me and another fantastic weekend together for
Matt and I.  This time it was pretty special because
I am able to stay in Charlottesville ALL DAY today
(Sunday)!!!  Normally I am driving back to 
Birmingham on Sunday, but with only 1 of my 2 
classes schedule for tomorrow, I'm skipping
Juvenile Justice (sorry Professor Smolin) 
and waiting to drive until then! [And that gets
a big AMEN when Matt's upstairs neighbors had
me wide-awake this morning at 3 am!!!! 
That's 2 am...my regular time...even early for 
me!!!] Woo-hoo!!

This weekend was PACKED full of activities, 
mostly for the wedding, which will be another post
....later on...but this morning was the best part 
of the weekend - to me!!!!! Matt suggested a fun
outing - APPLE PICKING!!!! I've never been
before and it was a blast!

It started with a quick trip up the mountain - 
and I do mean mountain, not like those little 
hills in Alabama we call mountains!!! The views 
were breath-taking, the apples were ripe for the
pickin', the wine made by the orchard was free for
tasting, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day! Matt and I 
spent about and hour and 1/2 up there and enjoyed
every minute of it!!!  So I thought I would share
some pictures with everyone our Sunday adventure!!!!
Here's hoping your Sunday is as lovely as ours!





2 comments:

a said...

you pick them apples!

Liz said...

you both have been busy! i love carter's mountain...i miss fall in virginia! there are no apple orchards (or wineries...) here!