Friday, September 12, 2008

You only turn 26 once...








I headed back to Gadsden this weekend after classes Thursday afternoon to celebrate....After all, you only turn 26 once....right?  At least that is what I said to the Wal-Mart cashier today when my parents and I were checking out with my awesome TRANSFORMERS birthday party decorations and groceries.....I know, my birthday isn't technically until 3:05(ish) am tomorrow morning (lucky 13), but tonight was my family birthday party!!!! It was absolutely fantastic!!!! I couldn't have asked for a better party!!!

So, just to let you know, Wallace family tradition is that on birthdays you have a family birthday party and everyone in the family is invited over for dinner, cake and presents...now the thing about dinner is that the birthday girl (in this case...ME) gets to chose what's for dinner and dessert.  Now I'm turning 26, so nothing to get to scared about - but ask a 6 year old what they want - anything - for dinner..and well, I shudder to think of the possibilities...they are endless...Guess that leaves you guessing what a 26 year old choses?!?! Well, I chose my fathers famous special family recipe BBQ chicken and my mothers famous special family recipe potato salad...and for dessert, dirt cake.  

So my mom got to cooking in the kitchen, Dad got to grilling, Molly and I worked some magic decorating the kitchen table and surrounding area Transformer style - and next thing you know...it was time for my family birthday party to officially begin!!! Woo-hoo! Dinner was delicious! An hour or two after dinner, it was time for dirt cake and presents!!! The desert was just like I remembered if from growing up - super yummy! I got lots of special birthday cards from lots of people in my life...a beautiful arrangement of flowers from my fiancee with a card that made my heart smile....a beautiful peal bracelet from my soon-to-be mother-in-law and sister-in-law, and a King bed and Wii Fit from my parents....let's face it....you're jealous!!! Don't worry, I would be too if it wasn't me I was talking about! Ha! Ha! :-) 

So thanks to everyone that made my birthday party so special - whether it be in person, spirit or heart! 


No comments: