Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wednesday and Saturday....


So this past Wednesday and yesterday, I had the opportunity to hang out with my niece, Abby and my older sister Barbara (didn't want to blog until had pictures).  Wednesday was a quick trip that involved me driving to Gadsden after my classes.  When I got there, my Mom (aka Gramecy) and Abby were playing in the pool while Barbara was outside the water watching and taking pictures.  The pool has little windows and Abby and I got a chance to play peek-a-boo! Ha! Abby is actually a really good swimmer - for a 1 1/2 year old! She love love loved the deep end of the pool (the pool is on a hill so one side gets deeper).  Then it was time for dinner @ Logan's with Gramercy, PapaDoc, Abby, Barbara, and I  after I dried my clothes because Abby was all about getting Aunt Kelly with the hose - and of course getting Mommy (Barbara) and Gramercy.  Dinner was fantastic and we took a group picture after - the only picture that had both Barbara and I in it...however, both Barbara and I agree that we don't so much love that picture and perhaps the web is better off without it being posted - on either blog!!! Ha! Ha! After dinner we went back to my parents house to watch a little Word World before bedtime.  (Now here I must state - Word World and Super Why are two different tv shows - just in case you didn't know! Ha! Ha! A mistake I made!) Then, I drove back to Birmingham for Thursday's PAD Pizza Tasting and Sea, Ocean, and Coastal law.  I thought I'd be able to make it back to visit while they were in Gadsden, but Molly was just too sick and there was nobody to watch her like Wednesday night.  So it was a nice surprise to be able to have lunch yesterday with just us girls at Red Robin in Trussville.  Barbara and I got to talk a lot about wedding stuff, while Abby enjoyed the balloon and football.  Yes, Abby noticed that football was on the television above the bar at Red Robin before either Barbara or I knew.  She looked, pointed and said "football" and well, she was right!  However, it was Auburn and not Abby's favorite team Alabama.  At lunch Abby went over the parts of her face that she knows, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and working on tounge...she also went over the sounds that animals make, cow (moo), horse (nah), frog (ribit), cat (meow), dog (woof) and of course Elephant, to which she replies ROLL TIDE!!! That's just freaking adorable and I'm not even an Alabama fan - you know my loyalties are Balyor (even though they are horrible) and Virginia.  It was a great visit!



2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

The pictures of you and Abby are adorable. So funny that you went to Red Robin because I almost went Saturday too.

THE WADE FAMILY said...

Dear Aunt Kelly,
I had fun hanging out with you...especially when you were in your BAMA hat! Roll Tide, ha! Love, Abby