Saturday, September 6, 2008

To a/c or not to a/c...


So I've already posted about my love of cool, or in Matt's words, freezing rooms - aka blasting the air conditioner.  Everytime I begin the trip to Charlottesville Matt makes sure to turn the a/c on.  It's cute really - all bundled up together under the fleece blanket! Ha! Well, anyways, this weekend is full of surprises because today I decided to turn OFF the a/c.  That's right, no need to re-read that sentence...I turned the a/c off when I woke up around 2 am.  (Yes, I am waking up ridiculously early for no reason...and yes, it sucks)...I opened up the balcony door and my bedroom window...and then prayed for a breeze!!! Ha! Ha! Well, I got more than that - I got an overcast sky which led to rain and wind! Now it's beautiful outside, but the breezed stayed here and the a/c stayed off.  Crazy, isn't it.

I'll tell you my secret as to why I turned off the a/c, because it is time.  I'm sick of all this heat and humidity.  It is time for my most favorite season - FALL! A friend from college recently blogged about her love of fall, and she is completely right.  I love it when Iwake up and there is that chilly breeze.  I love wearing long sleeve t-shirts.  I love when the leaves turn beautiful colors, and where weekends are filled with hikes in Oak Mountain State Park with Molly. It's official, I love fall. 

So while everyone is enjoying this weekend - I hope they are able to get a glimpse of fall like I am...with the a/c off and the windows open!


No comments: