Saturday, December 5, 2009

Winter Wonderland...



Well, I guess when the weather man here in Virginia calls for snow the next day...he isn't kidding!!!

As most of you know, I (Kelly) grew up in Alabama and besides rarely seeing snow (unless skiing in Snowmass, Colorado)...everytime it was predicted for snow...it never really happened...and if it did, it was melted by noon....(except of course for the blizzard of '93)...However...I do have a point...

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

It started around 10 am, and it is now 1:30 pm and it hasn't stopped snowing!!!!!! It's beautiful outside and I can't help but smile at it! It definitely makes it feel like the Christmas spirit is all around us!!! I love snow! Love it! Ok, so I don't love driving in it...or how cold it makes me...but let's face it....looking out your window to everything covered in a blanket of white and watching more snow fall...it's magical!

Now typically when it called for snow growing up, you did 1 thing and 1 thing only...your got to the grocery store as fast as possible and loaded up on milk and bread (and yes, this never really made sense to me either)....So, you are probably thinking....that although the hubs was at practice this morning....I probably did exactly what everyone from the South (the real South) is trained to do...run for milk and bread...and well...I DID!! ha! ha! ha! At least kind of...I took a new vantage point on the old saying...and instead ran for goodies to make chili and cornbread on this winter wonderland day!! I mean we already had milk, but never fear, I did pick up some bread too!

And I can say this...apparently other people are used to driving in this...My less than 10 mph, with hazard lights on, crawl to the grocery store wasn't really appreciated by other drivers....then again, to get the snow off my car to even leave the townhouse this morning made the sleeves of my sweatshirt soaked! Thank goodness I braved the grocery store early, I don't think I would try driving now!!!




1 comment:

Liz said...

i looooove your wellies. my fav jcrew ones were ruined by montana bc it was so cold here that the rubber cracked...now that we are leaving soon, i can justify buying another pair!