Friday, December 18, 2009

8 inches total at 10 pm and snow shows no sign of stopping!



So the snow started at 4:00 pm....
and it hasn't stopped yet...
and it is currently 11 pm...
Molly and I watched the 10 pm news...
We are expected to get almost 2 feet by tomorrow afternoon...
Additionally, the road conditions are pretty hazardous, and VDOT asked all people not to leave their house unless they had to. Just so you know, Molly and I will not be leaving the house - unless by foot to take a walk and pictures.

I'll post more pictures tomorrow...until then, I'm set to go....

UPDATE ON MATT and UVA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM:
The team left at 4:30/5:00 this afternoon on a bus to Richmond to fly to Athens, GA for their game Sunday against UGA. The bus trip took a really long time because of the weather, but the team arrived at the airport safely. Since then, it has been a waiting game. They are sitting on the plane and have been de-iced a few times and attempted to take-off, but problems with the runway. It looks like now they maybe sleeping at a hotel in Richmond tonight - and I'm not sure about their plans for tomorrow yet. I'm just happy they are safe.

No comments: