Saturday, December 19, 2009

21 inches of snow and STILL snowing!




Seriously, it has been snowing for OVER 24 consecutive hours....That is a lot of snow...Actually, to be more specific it is 21 inches of snow and still counting!!! The snow is supposed to lighten up tonight and officially stop by tomorrow at 6 am...and should leave us with a total of 24+ inches!

Molly and I went out this afternoon to take some pictures of the neighborhood, chase some snowballs (see earlier post), and then to shovel. I love my new snow shovel, but wholly mcguiver...do you know how hard it is to shovel snow? I mean seriously, snow is heavy! Other than this morning the power going in and out....and the cable being off for about 4 hours....it hasn't been too bad...like I said before, I was/am really well prepared!

They are urging people to stay off the roads...they didn't really have to urge me, I knew I wasn't going anywhere today when I went out at 7:30 this morning! Ha! Ha! But between the 2 snow plows that are now laying on their side in a ditch in Charlottesville, the two cars who attempt to come down our street sliding and spinning, and the small truck that came to plow our street having to attempt a simple turn 5 times...now I know for sure I'm not going anywhere!

Tonight on the list is bringing in more firewood. I've used a lot so far this winter storm and will probably use more tomorrow...better get out there before there is no daylight.



UPDATE ON MATT AND THE UVA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL TEAM:
So the team spent the night at a hotel in Richmond, VA last night after attempting to fly to Athens. They decided to attempt to fly out again today to Georgia for their 2 pm game tomorrow against UGA. This morning they weren't sure what was going to happen. They all met in the lobby of the hotel and waited for their shuttle to the airport to arrive. After a few mishaps with the shuttles they eventually all made it to the airport. The plane was de-iced (i think for the 10th time in less than 24 hours) and then they waited on the runway...only today was different than yesterday...the plane (complete with team, staff, and Matt aboard) took off!!! They arrived safely in Athens, Georgia! So next thing to do (although my list would include purchasing Terrapin Golden Ale, which is not sold in the entire state of Virginia)......is to BEAT UGA tomorrow. LET'S GO HOOS!

No comments: