Thursday, December 24, 2009

C'ville - the snow plow version





Well, Charlottesville is finally starting to thaw out...but before the weather decided to rise above freezing (and it took a few days)...the snow plows were out and about trying to get the city up and running again.

Matt made it out Monday to work, because he is a skilled driver in the snow/ice.....and I attempted it...and by that I mean I tried to get my car to go straight....the steering wheel was pointed straight, I applied the gas (just lightly)...and my sweet sweet Corolla went straight...straight to the RIGHT into a lot of snow I had shovel for my car to fit in the parking spot! So I called it a day Monday and walked right back home!

However, I rode with Matt to work and errands on Tuesday...and all I can say is thank God I couldn't get out Monday...I almost freaked out on Tuesday...the roads were horrible!!!!!! Matt was really really good...even with a lot of ice on the roads and parking lots with mountains of snow!!!

Anyways, I thought I'd share the pictures of Charlottesville - after the great storm of 2009...before the great thaw (which we are still waiting on...with ice in the forecast for tomorrow!!!)

No comments: