Wednesday, January 28, 2009

ZING - ZANG- ZOOM




Tonight I went with a friend from law school (Donald) to the circus!!! I know Matt and I had a date night at the circus in C'ville in Dec., but this was an entirely different and BRAND new show! This one was titled ZING - ZANG - ZOOM and added a lot, I mean a LOT of magic into the circus!!! Although the disappearance of a elephant wasn't super impressive, the appearance of a tiger up in the air still stumps me!!! This circus also had a pretty cohesive theme - that was the good guy, Alex (the ring master/magician) and the bad guy Mr. Gravity - and Donald's favorite Mrs. Leviosity! Ha! Anyways, it was all about how gravity can't stop a circus - because things that happen at the circus defy even gravity!!! Although I will say the clowns in C'ville (well one in particular) is still the most funny clown I've ever seen but tonight's acts were something else...First, there were Zebras!!! I don't think I've ever seen zebra's at the circus!!! Then there was this one pony/horse that well didn't so much want to be in the ring!! Ha! Then the elephants...now I know the pictures show 9 but in total there were 11 (that's right...11) elephants in the arena!!! CRAZY! And when the tigers jumped over their masters crotch, well let's just say, I hope he wasn't planning on starting a family! Ha! Ha! Donald really enjoy the dogs as well - there were all different kinds and they were hilarious! The two guys on the rings were a scary, just like C'ville! But man the aerobatics were phenomenal...it was like there were on a ship and kind of felt a little cirq-de-sole...anyways...great show as always, and should I be surprised? Probably not since they are known as THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH!!!

Sidenote: I'm sure most of you are wondering why my slight obsession with the circus.  Well, you can thank my fantastic grandparents...they used to take Robyn and I every January to the BJCC for the circus! I want to make sure that legacy continues, because for some reason it makes me feel a little closer to those days - you know when life's hardest decision was to get a snow cone with tiger cup or cotton candy with clown hat.  So thank you Grams and Papere for showing me how to love the greatest show on earth!!!


3 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

I was just thinking about the circus. Does it come every year or more than once to the BJCC? Can you let me know - I think I'd like to bring Abby up there the next time. ;-)

THE WADE FAMILY said...

PS - I see one of the Flower Girl pics made it to the wedding website - cute.

PPS - I got your RSVP. Will count on you! ;-)

Wandering Wallaces said...

Wow..what a show! Sounds like you really enjoyed the festivities...but more than that, I did not realize the "tradition" Grams and Papere started..that is really awesome! (Shucks...all this time I thought I took you to the circus! Guess I missed out on that ...well, at least you went and had a great time...and yes, I remember the cups all too well!) Hope Papa Doc and I can generate some memories like that for our grandchidlren too! Thanks for sharing...with a smile!