Saturday, January 3, 2009

Goodbye 2008, Hello 2009!




The New Year is here! Woo-hoo! I couldn't be more thrilled to get 2008 behind me - it was fantastic getting engaged to Matt, but other than that it was a really long year! Matt and I, although we've been together over the past two New Year's we haven't actually spent them together physically. This year was similar to last year - He was in Charlottesville, after the Christmas invitational and preparing for a game against the Lady Bulldogs (UGA) and I was in Sandestin, hanging with my family at the condo. Matt called me at midnight his time and I called him at midnight my time - neither one of us went out (so not my typical new year style...sorry Robyn) - I didn't even see the ball drop....sad, I know. Oh well, I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that not only did Matt and I wish each other a Happy New Year, we also want to extend the warm wishes to our families and friends - so HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

Matt and I are both really excited about 2009...here are some reasons why...

1) THE WEDDING!!!! (Aug. 9th, 2009)
2) THE HONEYMOON!!!! (Aug. 11th, 2009 - if we come back)
3) GRADUATION FROM LAW SCHOOL!! (May 16th, 2009)
4) THE BAR (ok, not necessarily taking it, but hopefully passing it!!) (results in mid-October 2009)
5) MY PARENTS NEW HOUSE (remodeling to start soon - and then move-in! so happy for them! hello Florida)
6) KATHARINE (Matt's sister) GRADUATES FROM COLLEGE! (sometime close to May 16th)
7) ST. LOUIS CARDINALS (to be World Series Champs again....you know it can happen)
8) KELLY MOVING TO VIRGINIA!! (May 2009)
9) OUR NEW HOUSE (we are looking for a 3 bedroom 2 bath house in C'ville - so if you know of anything coming available, let us know)
10) DID I MENTION THE WEDDING AND HONEYMOON?!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Liz said...

you're getting married this year! woooooooo!

THE WADE FAMILY said...

I love the "excited about 2009" list but where are your resolutions? I think the first one should read:

1. I will strive this year to remember that toddlers who aren't 100% potty trained STILL NEED A DIAPER before going to Pizza Kastle, where lunch is half off on WENESDAYS. (ha ha!)