Friday, October 24, 2008

Studying....on Saturday?!?!?!

Well the weekend is finally here..thank goodness because it's been a long week.

The week began with the horrible realization that I have two 15 page papers and one 5 page paper due very very soon...and that meant being at the law library no later that 8:30 every morning and staying at school until after 5 every day.  I've got a lot of work done on my International Intellectual Property paper but still need to start my Juvenile Justice and Sea, Ocean, and Coastal paper.  That means next week is a lot like this week was.  


I headed back to Gadsden Thursday night (rush hour - took me 1 hour and 40 minutes to get 62 miles).  I went to the post office friday morning, took care of my parent's cat (food, treats, clean litter boxes), returned messages, and then I'm back in Birmingham tonight...why you might ask? Because as you can probably tell from this blog, I spend very few weekends in Birmingham!

I'm here because tomorrow I have the BarBri MPRE review course from 9:30-1:30.  I take this portion (professional responsibility) of the Bar on Sat. Nov. 8th.  Needless to say, I'm petrified - really, just the word BAR does that to me these days! So tomorrow I'll have my mind in the right place as I had a yummy dinner with my friend Robby, I will wake up early to take Molly on her daily walk, and then head to school focused.  

So, here's to everyone else who is studying on Saturday...GOOD LUCK!!!!

(Of course, that won't include my Bestest....she finished her MASTERS presentation today! Congrats Elizabeth!!! I am so proud of you!!)

3 comments:

THE WADE FAMILY said...

You lucky dog! I didn't have a Barbri review course for the MPRE...just a rules book, a highlighter, home made note cards and a frame of mind that I was also scared to death! I wish I would have had a practice/study course - even if it's just one day! But we know you'll do fine next month with that one. We'll be praying for you! Good luck!!!

Liz said...

studying is overrated. i definitely feel your pain! i am on my fourth paper of the week and i just got back from 8 hours of class, which is a cruel thing to put someone through on a saturday!

goooood luck!

a said...

Madness misses you at our bar.