Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

This Halloween was not so much trick-or-treat for myself or Matt.   

Matt spent his holiday in bed - resting, relaxing and getting better (was feeling ill today).  I on the other hand, woke up, did laundry, took Molly out, went to the law library for 5 1/2 hours (finished my juvenile justice paper except for final grammatical errors...1 down, 2 to go!), then got eyebrows waxed (because let's face it, no woman's halloween costume should include a unibrow), Publix (for candy for trick-or-treaters), and then more studying until Robby and Donald came over.  

I desperately wanted trick-or-treaters because I have never had them before, and I was stoked when I got my first group.  The were ADORABLE! The firefighter was my favorite, but the BAMA football player took off his scary mask to tell me "Thank you for the candy Miss," so he too won my heart.  I was a little bummed when I realized those were the only trick or treaters I would be getting.  

However, it was still a fantastic night! Donald brought his dog Leo (complete w/ Charlie Brown sweater - his costume) so Molly had a play date, Robby brought 5 Guys, and I supplied the Wii (MarioKart and Mario Party 8).  The guys and I had a fun night - lots of smack talk followed by lots of ass-kicking (namely Donald did that).  

So, here's hoping that no matter whether you tricked, treated, or just had a night in like Matt and I - that you had a HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

2 comments:

Liz said...

we got tons of candy thinking that we would have tons of trick-or-treaters since we are on base now, and we had TWO. so now we have lots of leftover candy, as i'm sure you do!

Unknown said...

your first year w/trick or treaters! how funny! :) aren't they soooo much fun? did you make the trick or treaters tell you a joke? that's all the rage here. logan's joke was "why did the witch fly on a broom? b/c the cord on her vaccuum cleaner wasn't long enough." cheesy, i know. last year's joke (when he was a pirate) was "what kind of socks do pirates wear? ARRRRRRRgyle!" that was cute!