Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I felt like a little kid - and love it!

So, today I felt like a little kid...and no, it wasn't when asking or answering a law school question (thank goodness), because then I wouldn't have loved it as much as I did.

Here's some background to my story...some of you might know this, but some of you might not...Matt and I are saving money for our honeymoon.  We want to have our honeymoon paid off before we step foot on it - actually we want to have it paid off before June of next year (excluding airfare)!  I know, we might have lofty goals, but normally when Matt and I set goals together, we achieve them (biggest example NYC for Christmas '07)! 

So, with that in mind, last week I decided that I was done buying my lunch - a turkey sandwich and chips from Subway. Instead, I took a trip to the local Piggly Wiggly (only grocery store anywhere near my apartment) and bought doritos, cheese, turkey, mayo, and pickles (the bread was gifted to me by my parents).  I started making my lunches last week, but it was this week that I started bringing them to school.

Now I am by no means the only law student that brings their lunch - but there is more.  I would like to take this opportunity to let everyone who doesn't know - know that I am a die-hard St. Louis Cardinals fan (yes, even through this year...although we need to let go of Carpenter - in my opinion)...and my sister Kimberly and her family live in St. Louis and have season tickets (ones that Matt and I have both enjoyed).  Well one game a little while ago, Kimberly and her husband Jeff to their two boys to the game - and there was a gift at the gate.  A SWEET Cardinals lunchbox!! Well, I was lucky enough to get gifted one from one of my nephews (I'm thinking Carter gave his up because at that time he was too young for a lunchbox).  So, although other people bring plain brown bags or just their lunch in no bag - I proudly (at least for the last 2 days) sport my Cardinal colors and bring my lunchbox.

So, today as I ate my lunch in the breakroom at the law school, with my bright red cardinal lunchbox on the table and across the table from my good friend James, I felt like a kid again. Worry - free eating lunch - possibly getting ready to read the note my mommy place in my lunch.  Yeah, it felt good to be a kid again.  

Sidenote: For all those wondering how Matt and I are doing on our lofty goal....as of TODAY, 1/2 our honeymoon (the first 1/2) is already PAID off!!! 

2 comments:

Meredith said...

ah lunch boxes-- so fun! That was always one of my favorite parts of going back to school. I had an awesome Wizard of Oz one back in the day.

Wandering Wallaces said...

Since I did lunch at school most days growing up, I too had a lunch "container." In those days...sorry folks,brown bag was about all we could do! But the lunch was good...sandwich of sliced apples, peanut butter and mayo...yummy!