Saturday, October 18, 2008

Good Steaks?

So, what does one do when his soon-to-be in-laws call and ask him where they can get some good steak in his town?!?!?  

This is exactly what happened yesterday!  On Friday morning, Matt got a call from my parents telling him that they would be in Charlottesville, VA (on their way up to Maryland for sailing lessons) for the night and did he know where they could get some good steak (with him of course).  Well, Matt recommended The Downtown Grill (I haven't even been there yet!) and my mom made reservations for 7:30.  

However, my parents didn't just come into town for dinner.  No, they were lucky enough to visit one of my favorite places (Charlottesville) for a good portion of the day, rolling in around 3 pm.  They found a hotel room - even during the coveted UVA vs. UNC weekend (Wa-Hoo-Wa...UVA wins in Overtime) and were able to go exploring before dinner.  I directed them to Mincer's so they could get some long-sleeves to combat the chilly Virginia temperatures and of course adorn themselves in some Orange and Blue!  Then apparently they went wandering on grounds and ended up visiting Matt while he was at work at JPJ Arena.  They were even able to get a sneak peak of the UVA women's team on their first practice of the season!! Then it was back to the hotel before catching a trolley to the downtown pedestrian mall to meet Matt for dinner.  Matt then drove them back to the hotel giving a guided driving tour of Charlottesville on the way.

I got a call from Matt after he dropped them off at the hotel.  He couldn't stop telling me what a good time he had hanging out with my parents.  He said the food was delicious and the conversation was even better.  How blessed I am to have these 3 people in my life!  

My parents headed up to Annapolis this morning while Matt headed to a morning practice and then to the football game.  At half-time the Women's basketball team and staff were honored on the field. Then it was off to watch the remainder of the game with some of his fraternity alumni who came into town for the game.  Although I haven't heard from him, I'm sure he's out celebrating the big win on the corner with his friends - and I know that UVA won in overtime by a touchdown because my mother called. That's right, I think she has a little blue and orange running through her veins - and that was after only 1 night in Charlottesville! WA-HOO-WA BABY!!!


    
       



1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

We did have a GRAND time in Charlottesville...and it was Matt who made it so..even giving us a limited tour of the campus (waiting for more in depth after the "I do's " are made!) Say, you guys look GREAT under the profiling of the ivy walk....liked that and the outing if that day too, as well as the laughter! Kudos to you both...we are the ones fortunate to have the two of you in our lives!