Monday, June 1, 2009

I know you've been wondering what's been going on....



Well, graduation has come and gone...and now I'm getting settled in Charlottesville. Ok, so I was already settled in Charlottesville (kind of) before I drove for graduation...but it's be super busy since getting back here.

I thought my Barbri class started the Monday after graduation, so I left Sunday morning at the crack of dawn to get from B'ham to C'ville. Well, I was wrong. So I had that whole week to get things more together and work-out and prepare (aka went to the gym, took a nap or two, cleaned, laundry). That weekend Matt and I went on a date day Saturday - dinner at Outback and Angels and Demons. Then it was Sunday and my parents arrived!!!! I was so excited to see them. My father is sailing from Norfolk to Bermuda and then back again to gain all his requirements for his captain's license - exciting adventure! So, my mom is hanging out with me in C'ville for the time.

On Memorial Day Matt was off work (yes, you read that right, he got a day off...and it ROCKED)! Matt and I took my parents on a walking tour of UVA's grounds...it was awesome b/c well, although all I really did was walk with them, Matt gave them a tour including history and other awesome facts (streaking on the lawn anyone?)....then we headed to Arch's to make sure they got to taste the best C'ville has to offer (BEST FROZEN YOGURT ANYWHERE)...that night Matt and I treated my parents to dinner to thank them for all they have done for us. Nothing says thanks more than a night at the MELTING POT! We had a very tasty dinner and then it was time for Tuesday. My dad left Tuesday morning at 2:30 am to drive to Norfolk, Matt had to work, and well my mom and I, we played! Wednesday I started my Barbri classes...basically, I am sitting in a classroom from 9-1pm (or earlier/later depending on day/subject)...learning what I was supposed to learn in 3 years at law school! Ha! Ha! It is actually my Virginia Bar Examination preparation course....then I spend the afternoons at the gym/studying/hanging out with my mom.

This past Saturday, while Matt mowed the front and back yards at the townhouse my mom and I set off for Lowes. This is the first time I've had a back yard (with grass) and plants...and my mom and I both decided, it would be nice to have plants that are alive. So we came home from Lowe's with 4 lily plants, 1 rose bush, and 2 "other" plants...and while my mom worked inside the townhouse (putting up window darkening stuff and a new shower head so Molly can get a bath) Matt and I made the backyard look AMAZING! Matt even seeded, and we are hoping that in a week or two we will see some more grass!

Now it is another week of school/gym/studying/hanging with my mom for me....and work for matt!!!

1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

Got to admit...I had a wonderful stay appreciating Kelly study, Matt work and my read! It was grand...enjoyed wonderful days and nights with Kelly and "her crew." Molly took over the bed with me, so I can officially say, I was never alone! So glad I was able to spend this "Into to C'ville" time with our daughter!