Friday, June 19, 2009

Update on Molly

So, first things first...Molly is doing much better!!!!!

Last night was a really long night....most of the night was spent with her whining. But don't fear, that was just the medicine still taking time to wear off. I put the E-collar on her around 10 pm (so that she couldn't lick stitches while we were sleeping). She didn't so much love the e-collar, so she and I basically just spent the night hanging out on the futon mattress. I took off the collar at 5:30 and Matt watched her while I finally got some sleep.

Matt was able to watch Molly this morning while I did my Barbri class and since he left for work she is still doing A-ok!

However, I have been in touch with Molly's vet in Destin, Florida. I wanted to ask the doctor there about the elevated liver count. She told me that Molly has always had an elevated ALP count for her liver. She said only worry if it was much higher than the last time it was checked. Well, Molly was checked in Florida over the past few months and her ALP count was 329. I then found out that yesterday her count was 811. So that was enough of a jump to decide to start Molly on a liver enzyme, and then have her re-checked in August. Apparently the pill is like Centrum for adults except specifically targeted to keep the liver healthy!

So now Molly is back from picking up her new liver pills and is resting underneath the kitchen table (one of her favorite spots). Wait, scratch that - she is up, barking at the door...apparently someone just pulled up and were getting out of their car. Man, it sure is good to have Molly back being Molly.





329 811

No comments: