Monday, June 8, 2009

So sad to say Goodbye....Will be so glad to say Hi at the end of July!



Well, it has been a whirlwind few weeks with my parents visiting! After the weekend of seeding and planting (sidenote: we have new grass growing already!) - this past week was filled with surprises and fun! Although Matt had to work and I had Barbri class....that didn't stop us! My mom and I went into Arlington one afternoon for a quick stop (spent more time in traffic than we did in Arlington! Ha! Ha!) Then my Dad surprised us all with an early return from Bermuda. My mom and I then left the boys to watch Molly, play Wii Tiger Woods golf, and grill out while we shopped until we dropped at the outlets in Leesburg, Virginia.

It was a great time hanging out with my parents. It's only been a few hours since they drove away, but I already miss them. Matt and I can't thank them enough for everything they did for us while they were here - especially helping to make Charlottesville feel like home.

So although it was sad to wave goodbye to them this morning as they began the drive back to Florida, Matt and I will be glad to say Hi at the end of July...beginning of August.

Here's hoping the next 53 days fly by (yes, I counted the days)!

2 comments:

Liz said...

it's sort of amazing how much you miss parents when they're gone, isn't it? and how much just having family around can really make your house feel like a home. brian's mom and bro were here for a while last week, and i was sadder to see them go than i thought i would be!

Wandering Wallaces said...

Well, I read Kelly's comments...then Liz's posted comment..and I am awed knowing how wonderful we parents are! Can't imagine anything closer to "godliness" in our descriptions; wonder if the "stay"was two months...hmmm! Well, for parents everywhere that have raised such terrif kids...let it be known..we feel good nanananan! Thanks for the thanks..Kudos to all!