Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A year ago today...




What were you doing a year ago today at exactly 6:02 pm (EST)?

Well, I'm guessing that you probably have no idea! Sucks to be you! Ha! Ha! I'm just kidding. Let's face it - any other day Matt and I would probably be in the same boat as you....I mean that was 365 days ago....we'd probably be in the same boat as you if we tried to just remember 30 days ago....but not today!

It was a year ago today that Matt took me to the Lawn on UVA's grounds and proposed at 6:02 pm EST...I'm talking down on one knee with an open black ring box with a beautiful diamonds inside....ending his speech with "Kelly Wallace will you marry me?" and me responding "YES!!"

Well, that makes today our Engagement Anniversary! Awesome right?!?!?! We think so!

Although Matt had to work and I had Barbri class, we "kind of" celebrated tonight. We are actually postponing the actual celebratory dinner until July 2nd, but Matt got me a ice cream scoop and lovely card...and I got him his favorite Arch's frozen yogurt pie with a special message on top!

You know what they say - great minds think alike...and apparently great minds love ice cream! Ha! Ha!

Here's hoping everyone else enjoyed our Engagement Anniversary!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Happy Anniversary! So fun to look back and forward (to the big day!) at the same time! I've been wanting to call and chat! I go to pick up the phone, then worry I'm going to interrupt your studying or class. When's a good time for a phone date? :) :)

Liz said...

yay! that is so exciting! and your cake looks delicious.