Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Exams, Beer, and Great Friends!

Ok, so clearly my last post was when I was a little stressed to say the least! I'll tell you why though, since it seemed to skip my mind before! You see, I decided to move some of my finals from their original date in order to be done with exams earlier, so I can go see Matt earlier and for a longer period of time! (We haven't seen each other since the first weekend in October!) My schedule called for Monday 9-noon Payment Systems final, and then the next one was Juvenile Justice the next Monday. A whole week between was just too long to wait. So I moved Juvenile Justice to the first alternate date, and that was Wednesday from 6-9 pm...OR SO I THOUGHT! I found out on Monday that the alternate date was Tuesday 6-9 pm!!! That took away a whole day of studying I had planned in....SHOCK!!! So, hence my 16 hour day!



Oh well, it's over (now), and the reward was worth it....I tried a new beer, and LIKE it...If you know me, you are shocked now. I didn't start drinking beer until second year of law school, and I very rarely stray from Bud Light, but I've found something new! So I thought I'd share - and maybe you will try it and like it like me!

Now, on to the most important part of the post. I have some of the BEST friends ever!! Although this has been finals week, and I still have Sea, Ocean, and Coastal to go (1 question down, 4 to go) - I have been so encouraged by my friends. First, my week started with a card from the bestest - yes, a card - snail-mail...I love getting it, but rarely do! HA! Anyways, she was just wishing me luck on finals, reminding me not to lose my mind, and that it would be over before I knew it. Then after my last post during what I like to call a "whoa, i'm a little stressed, i need a study break" moment...I got comments, facebook messages/comments, and myspace comments - all encouraging me!!! It is so nice to have so many people that believe in my and are rooting for me! You guys are fantastic - even when I am so sidetracked with studying and finals! You guys rock, and know that even though I'm in my own "world" right now, I'm so thankful for you!!!!

Update on Matt:

So, seeing as how my past blog and the beginning of this one have been a little self-focused, I thought an update on Matt was necessary. Matt and the team flew back from Wisconsin - but thanks to snow and airport delays, he didn't get home until Monday around 3:00 am!!! Crazy! However, they ended the Turkey Day Tournament (2-1), which I think are GREAT statistics! Losing only their last game in a tough and close loss! Matt had a full day of work Tuesday and it was busy!!! Today, Matt and the team flew into Illinois, after a full day of work. They play Illinois (my parents alumni institution) tomorrow night. This will be the last road game for 2008, and I know Matt is definitely excited about that!!! They will fly back to C'ville late tomorrow night, and hopefully I'll be up there to watch the team in action on Saturday!! I think Matt and I are both really excited about being able to spend some time together! Woo-hoo!

I think that's about it...I hope everyone had WACKY WEDNESDAY! (Yeah, I'm sleep deprived and procrastinating, it's a bad combinations! Ha!)

1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

Glad the object of "stress" has lessened...and you both are enjoying some noel time in C'ville....Sounds like the "turtle" is it? ....helps to wile away the hours and relax the senses! You go girl! It's all I can do to drink beer, let alone pick another kind!