Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Basketball...Football..Christmas Tree...LIFE





Well, I'm pretty sure it's time for an update as to what's going on in the life of Kelly and Matt. After I finished my last final (Sea, Ocean, and Coastal Law) on Friday I started driving to Charlottesville. I made it to Abingdon, Virginia and the Comfort Suites - I got some sleep and then headed the next day to meet Matt at JPJ Arena for the UVA Women's basketball game against ECU. I left at halftime as the Hoos were kicking butt and taking names and went back to Matt's apartment to "unpack" and watch the SEC championship game. Matt was home by the time the game was in the second quarter. So we spent the night watching more football and eating pizza! And of course I took time out as soon as I got there to organize the presents!

Some of you might know, but some of you don't. Matt and I decided not to get each other (technically) Christmas presents. Instead, we divided up the major cities we have been to while dating/engaged and each person was responsible for an ornament from that city. Matt got: NYC, Charlottesville, Knoxville, and Washington D.C. I got: Brimingham, Gadsden, Sandestin, Atlanta, and St. Louis.

Well Sunday Matt didn't have work and the team didn't have practice - so woo-hoo the first day we got to spend together in over 2 months!!! We had a blast! We finished up Christmas shopping for our families, went grocery shopping, had a yummy lunch...and the best part...picked up our first Christmas tree!!! It was Matt's idea - and we found the tree at Whole Foods! Small, but PERFECT! Then it was time to get a tree skirt, lights, and ornament hooks! We then headed home to set up the tree. It looks FANTASTIC!

Then Matt made us dinner and it was time to open up the first presents!!!! I opened up a beautiful ornament that has the Christmas tree from NYC and Matt opened the Gadsden, Alabama ornament. We put them on our tree! It's fantastic isn't it!!!

The week: Monday Matt spent at work and I spent the day running errands. We met at Archs for lunch - oh lordy I love that place! Then that night we went to UVA's grounds to see the lights that have ben strung up on the lawn. Then I got a call that said the MPRE scores were up so we came home for me to find out my score - and woo-hoo I PASSED!!! I'm ethical enough to practice not just in Virginia, but any of the 50 states!!! :-) Woo-hoo! Tuesday was filled with more errands and then last night I made spaghetti for dinner and we watched The Dark Knight. We also opened up two more ornaments per person - I opened 2 Washington Nationals ornaments and he opened the Civil Rights Institute Ornament and an Atlanta Braves ornament. Today was less errands, more reading a book, lunch with Matt...then tonight is Mexican "Thursday" dinner with Matt and more ornaments!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!

Matt has said he would like to specifically blog about the tree/lights incident - so I'll leave that to him...
Here's hoping everyone is having a GREAT week!

3 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Congrats on the MPRE...not that I doubted it for a second!!!!

a said...

what about a BU ornament?

Liz said...

your presents are super cute! and i love the ornament idea.