Friday, December 12, 2008

Date night @ the Circus



Last night was DATE night @ the Circus!!! Matt got tickets to BOOM-A-RING from Ringling Bros., Barnum & Bailey. Matt picked me up from the apartment around 3:45 and we were back at the arena by 4. He had a little more work to do, so I made myself busy with some free tetris and reading a book. Before I knew it, it was time to check our the circus! We left his office around 5:45 and were the FIRST people to see everything! We got to take a sneak peak outside to where the tigers and elephants were kept. Then it was off to see the ring! We waited for some more people to come in before going down to walk around the ring and watch some of the performers. Then it was time to get some cotton candy (i love it), to find our seats, and for the show to begin!!!

The show was pretty fantastic! Matt said his most favorite part was the elephants! They were pretty fantastic! There were three of them. One came out in the beginning with the American flag! Then there were all three of them later in the show. My favorite part was this hilarious clown! Oh my gosh, there were so many "adult" jokes that I never really heard from Ringling Bros. before! This clown was hilarious! And my second favorite part...there were these guys on the circular ring thing. Well, they were right in front of us - and I honestly thought that the guy was going to fall off and end in my lap!!! It was a fantastic show! After the show we went to a late dinner at Ruby Tuesdays. Then it was home, and fast asleep after a long day!

Today Matt was able to go into work a little late because he will be there all night tonight - since practice isn't starting until 6 pm. It was nice to hang out with him this morning and he treated me to Bodo's! It's a "locally" famous bagel shop in C'ville...and although I've been before, I've never eaten there. Well, brunch was super tasty! Then it was time for him to head to work and me to well....hmmmm....uhhh....do something! Ha! Ha!

Here's hoping everyone is having a great week - full of laughs even if you didn't run into any clowns!

2 comments:

Mary Frances said...

Looks like you two had fun. Of course it couldn't have been as much fun as when you and I went to the circus. I mean I like Matt, but he's no me...HA!!!

And, YAY for elephants, tigers, cotton candy, and slightly inappropriate clowns. :)

Meredith said...

Sounds like fun! You two are always up for a great adventure! :)