Friday, July 18, 2008

It's all about LOCATION!


So, you know the date...you know 1/2 the wedding party....there is only 1 other detail that Matt and I have decided for sure....the LOCATION!  Matt and I will be tying the knot at HILTON SANDESTIN on August 9, 2009.  When I was a little girl, my family took a summer vacation to Gulf Shores for the summer.  Then, one year, my dad had a medical conference in Sandestin.  Next thing we know, Sandestin became another "home" to the Wallace family.  I have been going there for probably 15 years.  Soon my parents bought a condo down there and then the saying became true - the Wallace's were in fact "home" in Sandestin.  I love it down there.  As soon as I go over the Mid-Bay Bridge it is like my worries and cares disappear - the sea, sand, air, it's all better down there (and I'm not kidding)! And, it isn't just about the beach access, several pools, lakes to fish in, bikes rides, or marina....Ladies, there is a fantastic spa Serenity by the Sea and shopping at Silver Sands Outlets.  Men, there are phenomenal golf courses.  Kiddos (of all ages), there is the Track (crazy awesome go-karts) and Big Kahuna (super fun water park).  Adults, Baytown Warf is located on property, so you don't even have to drive to tasty dinners (fresh seafood) and the nightlife includes the dueling piano bar Rum Runners.  Yeah, they have everything you can think of and some things that never even crossed your mind!   I am so excited that Matt and I will be getting married there, but the thing is - don't just take my word for it.  Matt hasn't even seen it yet, but I know he is going to be blown away and LOVE it!!! Matt and I will be heading down there for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of August to kick this planning into some high gear!  I can't wait for him to see it, and he'll definitely report back on what he thinks so you can get another opinion!  Until then, I'll leave you with some photos of the area and hopefully madly jealous that Matt and I will be there in just 14 days! Ha! Ha! Just kidding, but enjoy...if you want to check it out closer....Hilton Sandestin.... or if you want to check out the entire resort - check out...Sandestin....In the end, "IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN SANDESTIN!"

             


3 comments:

Meredith said...

How exciting! It looks like a beautiful place!! I am so happy to be on the team. :) :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Congrats again. Ditto on everything you said about Sandestin. We look forward to the wedding. However, I will be down there before you!!

Eric

a said...

can i bring jello shots?