Thursday, July 10, 2008

My blue blanket...

Ok - so this morning I am laughing hysterically at work.  I get to work at 6am and work (without lunch) until 2 pm.  This week I am so thankful that this is my schedule because our A/C is out. Every morning of this week, when I got into the office the thermostat read 78 and that is at 6 am!!!! By the time others show up around 8ish, it is already at 80!!! The a/c guy who is our firms local "handy man" was here yesterday from like 11 until 5...installing a new compressor, but still no cool air today! Bummer!

I blame my love of the air conditioning on my father (thanks daddy)! I say this because staying with my parents this summer I have realized that good 'ole 207 (what we are calling the rental house) is constantly at 68 degrees downstairs (I "live" upstairs, and although I set it on 68, it never gets below 70 b/c of the way the sun "attacks" the upstairs).  But I found myself alone in the house last night - with the a/c on 68 and guess what I was HOT!!! That's just crazy!

Which brings me to a funny story (and hence the title of the blog)...so, after school was over in May and before I started my job, I made a quick trip to see Matt.  Well, when I was up there, I noticed the a/c was not so much working (on Day 2) - now in Matt's defense he was correct, it was still blowing air...however, the air was HOT!!!!  Well, I caught on right away (one should not be shocked by this) - and my thought was freon (b/c everything was blowing correctly) -- well Matt had to work and I was at his apartment so that left me with the fix it man - whose name I think is Frank (really nice guy).  Anyways, he said he'd get the a/c guy there right away.  So the a/c guy came in and had to go to the roof to look at the unit...and sure enough, I was right..."bone dry" is what he called it...and it took almost 8 lbs. of freon..and then GLORIOUS GLORIOUS a/c was blowing...So, as I sit here this morning researching if our client sufficiently notified an insurance company about a accident as per mandatory obligations (which 1. I have no clue what the answer is and 2 can't seem to find an answer, anywhere) I've decided...I've miss my calling...

My point here though is to tell you about one of my Christmas presents (from Matt, and not, not my Tiffany's necklace)...rather, my precious BLUE BLANKET!!! See, lucky for me, Matt embraces my love of the a/c and his rise in utility bills when I come to town.  Let me explain, I'm odd.  And yes, that too should not come as a shock to anyone who reads this.  I love the a/c but i like to be bundled up in it.  Make sense? Probably not, but hey, it's what I do.  I love to have the a/c on and still be cold a need a blanket - I'm sure most people would just turn the a/c off or up, but not me - I say leave that bad boy on and hand me a blanket.  Well, Matt has a full bed, which is fine to sleep in but the situation with the covers is well...a situation.  It seems I'm not the only one who likes to bundle up (course I think Matt is doing it b/c I make the room too cold and otherwise he wouldn't - but that's neither here, nor there).  Anyways, I decided I get the comforter and he gets the small fleece blanket he had (I know, I'm a giver.)  Well, surprise - surprise when I drove up for Christmas.  A band new king size soft fleece blanket was on the bed and was ALL MINE!!!! It was fantastic! So yes, on went the a/c and by the end of the hour, I was cuddled up in my blue blanket sleeping off the drive to VA and the stress from taking finals while Matt when to get salads for dinner! I still use my blue blanket every night (I take it on trips too) and it's GREAT!!! However, I know I won't be needing it at work today!!! Ha! Ha! 

Here's hoping everyone stays cool today and able to bundle up in their blue blankets!!

Also....one countdown is OVER (see previous post for this to make sense)!!!!! CONGRATS to Matt who finished up with his last overnight campers yesterday at 3:30!!!! I was giving him hourly texts to let him know how much time he had left in the camp work day and by 5 his time I was getting a call saying he was on his way home!!! Woo-hoo!!!! All he has left is one more camp (starting Monday and ending on Thursday) but it is Day Camp, so not nearly all the stress that comes with having kiddos spend the night on a college campus! He has 4 days of "freedom" where he has a little bit or work to do, but I'm guessing a whole lot of Playstation and Blue Moon!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I totally understand the a/c thing. Don and I do the same thing. However, in this new ginormous apt, the electricity bill for 2 weeks was $120. WOAH. So I immediately closed the vents in the second room and second bathroom so I could keep the temp the same and not be broke. We'll see how it goes. P.S. I confirmed that mom did email you. I'm such a genius. And thanks for not telling me you think I sound bad! I had a glorious day and am now going to get coldstone with Don. Love you!