Tuesday, July 15, 2008

1/2 of TEAM MARLOW

     


1/2 of Team Marlow has been drafted.  I know this probably doesn't make sense to most of you reading, so I'll explain.  I wanted to send out a special invitation to some very special ladies in my life.  I wanted to invite them to be a part of our wedding as either a Maid of Honor or a Bridesmaid (and some of their kiddos), but then I wanted to do it in a way in which they would remember.  So, the brainstorming began....

Matt and I have had a relationship that has been primarily centered around the sport of baseball...seriously!  For a short example: His "pick-up line" was "So, you're a Cardinals fan?"  Our first real date was in Atlanta watching the Braves play the Cardinals.  Our first vaca together was to St. Louis to watch the Cardinals play the Reds from the view of the owners box! He proposed after a baseball "game" on UVA's lawn, and then we celebrated our engagement with a trip to D.C. to watch Matt's Nationals take on my Cardinals.  Get the point? So, a thought hit me - let's make the invitation for the girls to be in the wedding with a baseball theme reflecting our relationship.  

I designed baseball style t-shirts for each of the members of the Bride's side of Team Marlow (they were designed before we picked a date so the 09 on the back was just for the year, but now it is going to be on the 9th! ironic?!?), they also got a black picture frame with a picture of Matt and I in our respective team's jerseys (the idea being that after the wedding they can use that frame to put a picture from the wedding in), where as the kiddos in the wedding got Team Marlow sugar cookies and a pillow case with the logo Team Marlow and the rings (as pictured in the shirts above).  I am excited to say that all 7 ladies and 3 kiddos have said Y-E-S...some with tears, some with pictures, some with instant messages, and some with phone calls, and hopefully ALL with smiles!  Therefore, I thought it was time to introduce...1/2 of TEAM MARLOW!

Robyn Wallace (Maid of Honor) - she is my twin sister
Elizabeth Stelley (Maid of Honor) - she is the bestest (see below post)
Kimberly Phillips (Bridesmaid) - she is my oldest sister 
Barbara Wade (Bridesmaid) - she is my older sister
Meredith Brewer (Bridesmaid) - Baylor friend (roomies freshman year and friends since)
Diana Tavares (Bridesmaid) - Baylor friend (met her before she got to Baylor and friends since)
Katharine Marlow (Bridesmaid) - Matt's sister

Logan Phillips (Ring Bearer) - nephew (Kimberly's oldest son)
Carter Phillips (Ring Bearer) - nephew (Kimberly's youngest son)
Abby Wade (Flower Girl) - niece (Barbara's daughter)

Matt wanted to wait until a date was set to start asking his guys - and really, let's face it, guys are not like girls...we women want to know what's going on...what the colors are...what the dressses will look like...flowers...etc....and the guys, i'm thinking they want to know what time do i need to be there and when do the free drinks start flowing! Ha! So, once we've got the Groom's side asked and answered we'll post.

Well I guess this sort-of makes it officially time to kick this planning thing into gear! Matt and I will be spending a lot of August together in Florida making all kinds of decisions that we'll update about when we know.  



1 comment:

The Bass Family said...

Kelly... the way you are asking your bridesmaids is adorable! Where on earth did you find those shirts!? I am so excited for you!! Being married is by far the most wonderful experience I have EVER participated in...get ready...it's AMAZING!