Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sunday in Sandestin and heading Home....



Sunday in Sandestin was a lot of work....at least for my mom and I! Ha! Ha! Ha! Seriously, it was a lot of packing the car - which my mom did an AMAZING job!!! I helped a little with the packing and Matt and my dad played Wii!!!

After my mom had the packing thing going pretty much all under control - let's face it, she is the best packer EVER! Matt and I were off to run some errands! We went and did returns - Bed, Bath, and Beyond - Wal-Mart - and Target...then we were off to Paint 'N Place!

Now let me give a little disclosure...Matt and I don't love to do artsy stuff like painting, but well - we did it when we were wedding planning in August '08 in Sandestin and made a plate, decorating it for the engagement...and I wanted to do another one this August ('09) another plate, decorating it for the wedding! Kind of like something we do together to commemorate these major events in our life! Ha! Ha! So we went and did it - we actually had a really good time! The store was deserted except for us!! So nice - and the woman working was great!

Then it was back to my parents house - where Matt and Dad got back to playing Wii and my mom and I finished up packing. And by finished up packing, I mean that we unpacked the Corolla and repacked everything into my dad's truck!!!! With the Corolla fully packed, that still meant shipping all of mine and Matt's clothes and a lot of wedding presents...so my dad offered his truck after we all discussed the idea! EVERYTHING (except for a few things) fit into the truck - it was packed solid! And Matt and Kelly will return the truck to her parents in Alabama in September - and all the other stuff that didn't fit will definitely then fit in her Corolla! SCORE!

That night, Kelly's parents took Kelly and Matt to Flemming's for dinner! It was absolutely DELICIOUS!!! And it was so nice to spend time with them! They wanted to take us out before the wedding, but Matt and I asked if we could treat them instead to Bonefish Grill before the wedding to thank them for everything they had done for us! Did I mention that Flemming's was DELICIOUS!

Then it was off to bed to get ready for a long drive on Monday!

Matt, Kelly, and Molly left her parents house at 6:22 am....they stopped in Birmingham and met Kelly's law school friend Robby for lunch at Sonic! It was such an awesome break - even Molly loved it...she slept the next 3 hours on the drive (and Molly sleeping in a car is a miracle!)!!! Matt and Kelly even made the 14 hour drive in 1 day!!!!!!! The arrived at their townhouse in Charlottesville a little after midnight, unpacked the truck (just into the living room), and headed to bed - exhausted...but HOME.

No comments: