Sunday, November 1, 2009

They're finally HERE!!!!

Woo-hoo....my PARENTS are finally here!!!!!!

Ok, so they've been here for a while and I haven't had a chance to blog it...but I'm definitely excited!

Wednesday: They arrived Wednesday night and we all went out to Buffalo Wild Wings.

Thursday: Then Thursday, while Matt and I worked, my parents and molly held down the fort (even waiting for the refridge repair man). Then we grilled out and played some Apples to Apples! So fun, Matt and I really love that game - and so do my parents!

Friday: Matt had to go to work, but I had a day of fun planned for my parents! Really, I had a history lesson planned - Monticello...our 3rd President, Thomas Jefferson's home!!! We went up the mountain and toured it! Then we picked out some pumpkins for a night of carving!!! I carved a mummy, my mom carved a witch, and my dad carved a pirate....which leaves Matt's pumpkin! Matt went above and beyond the pre-done pumpkin kit and found a stencil of Cav-Man with Virginia written underneath! 2 hours later - he had the winning pumpkin!!!!!!! It looks AMAZING!!!!!!

Saturday: Saturday was GAME DAY! My mom and I made a quick morning run to Sam's while the boys played wii....and the guys really got into it...broken glass and all!!! Who knew that wii ping-pong or wii tennis was such a bloodshed sport!!! Pretty soon it was time for my parents to put on their jerseys (Matt and I got my dad an orange Virginia jersey and my mom a blue Virginia jersey) and Matt and I to get on our blue and orange and head out. We "tail-gated" at Chili's then headed over to Scott Stadium. My parents really enjoyed the beginning of the game - the band, the video intro, Cav-Man, the power V...but then after a few minutes into the game we left Scott Stadium because of the fans sitting behind us and their vulgar language. It was so unfortunate, as I wanted my parents to enjoy UVA football like I enjoy UVA football. Oh well. That night my parents and I handed out halloween candy to loads of adorable trick-or-treaters and then of course older kids dressed as "teenagers" (ha ha ha), while Matt stayed in bed attempting to get over his ear infection (it's still not feeling good at all).

Sunday: Well, today Matt has to travel with the UVA Women's Basketball team to Richmond for a scrimage with the Richmond Lady Spiders to help prepare for this year's season. I hope the day goes well for them and Matt...as for myself and my parents we were going to start the day with a trip to Carter's Mountain Apple Orchard for some apple picking...However, that was delayed (until later in the trip) due to the rain...and instead we are just hanging out (or at least my mom and I are...my Dad is still snoozing!!) until we go see the matinee of Disney on Ice Finding Nemo!!!!



1 comment:

Mary Frances said...

The pumpkins were amazing!! I'm very impressed.