Friday, October 16, 2009

Flowers and Fire....



Flowers and Fire....an unlikely combination I know...but both are important....

First....the FLOWERS....Matt brought the flowers home yesterday after I called to tell him that my name was on the list - the PASSING list for the July 2009 Virginia Bar....aren't they beautiful?? He even asked the florist to add my favorite flowers in!!! I love them (and him)! Then he took me to Baja Bean for a mexican dinner and some celebratory drinks - my restaurant of choice....and then back home to watch The Proposal (really cute, I really liked it...I think Matt was bored with it..)....just the way I wanted to celebrate...spending quality time with Matt!

Second, the FIRE....So, in our townhouse, we have a wood fireplace....just like what I grew up with in Millie (what we call my parents house in Gadsden)...I love love love love love love love love love real wood-burning fireplaces...I love the look, I love the smell, I love the "free" heat they provide...basically, I love it all...EXCEPT starting them....well, let me rephrase....it was tricky in Millie...you see the flu was so stinkin' hard for me to open and then to see if it was open...but this morning when Matt went off to work, I decided one thing...It is COLD here...like super freakin' chilly cold....hello, my very first "nor-easter" cold!!!! And well, there is that thing called heat, but well, I'm opposed to turning it on just yet...(when it is 20 outside you bet that heat will be on)...so I went out this morning and got a thing for fire wood to sit in, the poker stand thing (very fancy terminology, i know), fire wood, and some starter logs.....and then tonight I made the decision (see, I kind of decided to make it while Matt was with UVA at the first practice of the season tonight until 8....sneaky so in case I messed up he wouldn't know and hopefully the house wouldn't smell like smoke)...anyways, long story long, my point is...the fire was and currently still is, a GREAT SUCCESS!!! I can't wait for Matt to come home and enjoy it with Molly and I!

So, yes, an odd combination, flowers and fire...but as you can see....very important!

1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

What an awesome combination...we are so proud of your passing...and I for one am a bit charged up to see that you actually started fire and it looks great! Can't wait to be "chilled" up there and enjoy one with you!