Monday, December 13, 2010

First Snow...hopefully first of many!

Well Old Man Winter and I had it out in February and I told him that I never wanted to see snow again...well, actually all I said was that i didn't want to see 2 feet of snow, 3 snow storms in a row again...well then Matt and I moved to the midwest, which is more known for snow than Charlottesville, VA and NOTHING as of almost mid-December....and then BAM!!!! The last Matt and I checked the weather before the nephews arrived Friday night, the weatherman said that the precipitation would be gone before the snow/ice line...well about 10 pm on Saturday night I got a text from my sister saying that we might get up to 3 inches...Matt and I were like "What? Snow? No way, we watched the weather!" Well when I woke up on Sunday around 4 am, I looked outside - and it was a blanket of snow - and it was in fact about 4 inches of snow! SWEET! If it wasn't for the FREEZING weather that came with the beautiful snow, then it would've been perfect! Matt and I shoveled the driveway and then came back in and Carter was ready to go outside...so after calling my sister and her husband, to get the official ok...we all went outside and played...it was a fun time playing in the first snow of the year, but just like Carter said "IT WAS FREEZING!"


1 comment:

Wandering Wallaces said...

Wow...looked like you guys had a ball in the snow with your nephews! Did I ever tell you...you guys look like you'll be the best of parents! Nothing like early training..on-site!