Sunday, October 4, 2009

Date Weekend!









For my birthday, Matt gave me a card and an option on this weekend to go to either San Francisco, Denver, or Chicago. I had originally decided on Denver to see my sister Robyn and her boyfriend John, but then I thought about the actual plan. It would've involved a lot of traveling and very little of what I consider "quality time," so I asked if we could just do a "stay-cation" instead...making this weekend Date Weekend in C'ville. So that is exactly what we did, and it was amazing!

We started if off Friday with dinner at Bonefish Grill and then headed home for an early night since the night before (U2) was a late night for both of us! Saturday we woke up and spent the morning at Carter's Mountain Apple Orchard! We decided to take Molly. It was her first time there, and she had a blast! Then we came home and watched the UVA Cavaliers beat UNC!!! I was nice to see the Hoos finally win a game! Then we got dressed and ready to head to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch those amazing Baylor Bears win yet again - even without RG3! Sweet! Sunday was a morning at local winery - well actually it is located a little outside C'ville, but was supposed to be amazing! We got there on a special weekend and were able to sample some of their wines that normally aren't available for sample, but only for sale. Then we headed home to watch the Redskins and grill out with Molly.

A great weekend with lots of "quality time".....a perfect b-day gift from Matt to me!!! I loved it!

2 comments:

Liz said...

yum to the wine & apples! i'm still waiting to have my first glass of wine since audrey...i tried to have a glass last week, but just couldn't finish it. that's what i get for trying to start off with a red wine (i'm a white wine drinker)...plus, i have no delicious charlottesville wines to indulge in!

Wandering Wallaces said...

Winery...apple orchard...We are DEFINITELY up for that! Sounds like you had a GREAT "birthday weekend"...and I am sure just sharing the time together had to be wonderful in itself. I see smiles galore...even on Molly!