Thursday, April 16, 2009

I won the WICKED lottery!




So, last week my friend Jennifer told me about the lottery. I know what you are thinking - Who doesn't know about the lottery??!?!?! Well, this was different, it was the Broadway lottery!! Apparently the show RENT started it, and now almost all shows have it. The idea is that you get a chance to "win" (and by "win" I mean pay at a VERY low rate) tickets for shows. Currently WICKED is playing in Birmingham. I was going to go with my mother, but we both decided it was too expensive. Well Jennifer and I went yesterday to attempt the lottery.

Almost 60 people showed up - it was crazy! You put your names in a box and she draws out 10 names. Each name gets to get 2 tickets for $25 a piece and the seats are guaranteed in the Orchestra section! So name 1, not me or Jennifer....Name 2...not me or Jennifer....Continue this through name 9...So basically we were considering buying the nosebleeds and going anyways...when she is about to pull out name 10....Jennifer is chanting "say Kelly Wallace...say Kelly Wallace...say Kelly Wallace"....and oh my gosh, the woman goes "Kelly Wallace." I of course reply "Who?" where as Jennifer promptly screams to all "HOLY SHIT!!!!" So off we go to get our 2 $25 tickets in the orchestra section.

Jennifer and I then headed to dinner at the Sheraton (with members of the cast who were eating there)...and it was OFF TO THE SHOW!

Things I would like to say about the show:
1) WE WERE IN THE 2nd ROW!!! That's right - next to people who paid $165 per ticket!
2) The show was PHENOMENAL!!!!!!
3) The woman who played Elphaba (the Wicked Witch) was AMAZING!
4) Did I mention the show was PHENOMENAL!
5) We definitely hung out after the show at the Stage door.
6) We definitely got our Playbills signed and pictures.
7) AWESOME AWESOME NIGHT!!!!!

1 comment:

Liz said...

i loooooooooved Wicked! i saw it when i was in LA this past fall and listen to the soundtrack constantly now!