Thursday, September 9, 2010

Doctor Doctor...give me the news!


So, last Friday, Matt started stating how his left wrist was hurting...by Sunday night, we went out to CVS and bought him a brace for it. Well, Monday it felt a little better, but it was back down hill Tuesday and Wednesday - and by downhill, what I really mean is 1) he lost almost all range of motion (without feeling pain), 2) it was swelling, 3) there was sharp pains that occurred randomly...so on Wednesday around 8 am I hear Matt talking about how painful it was all of a sudden....Now here is where I thought, "Well, I'll just ask him if he wants to go to a doctor...and he will reply 'NO!' and then the day will continue." If you know Matt, you know that getting him to go to the doctor for anything takes a lot - I mean we've dated/married for a little over 3 years and I've only been able to talk him into going to the doctor ONCE (granted that trip ended up a trip to the ER and there were way more people than just me talking him into it)...but it was like a 4 hour discussion...so....here I was on Wednesday saying "Well, do you want to go to a doctor?" and BAM!!! Matt did not even hesitate - "YES!" I was completely shell-shocked...but hopped on it, as Matt was still working! Although my first two calls were a miss, the third call worked....we had an appointment at 11:30 (told to show up at 11) with a Orthopedic surgeon in St. Louis. I spent the next hour getting all of Matt's paperwork done and making copies of his drivers license/insurance (you learn a thing or two having a dad as a physician - and loving hanging out with his office staff)...and we were promptly at the doctors office at 10:50 with all paperwork done (can I tell you how that nurse staff already loved Matt as a patient and they had just met him! who doesn't love someone who comes in totally prepared and makes it easy on them! SCORE!)...so they got us in a little early to see the doctor...Have I mentioned how AMAZING this doctor was?!?! Totally just like my father with PHENOMENAL bedside manner - totally made Matt and I feel at ease from the minute we met him! Well he checked Matt out and was a little concerned with the location and the swelling - so he sent Matt down the hall for a few X-Rays! 3 X-rays later, the doctor was back telling us everything looked good bone-wise...AKA NO BROKEN BONE! SCORE! He diagnosed Matt with a severely sprained wrist and send him home with a prescription for any anti-inflamatory. It is a day later and Matt's wrist is already feeling a little better - still not much range of motion is back without pain, but the swelling and random pains have subsided!

2 comments:

Liz said...

oh my gosh! how did he sprain it?

Wandering Wallaces said...

Hope every day it is getting better, Matt! Obviously, too much computer work for you! That will do it every time...that is why I beg off when others ask me to do computer work! (like I would know what I was doing in the first place!)