Saturday, August 21, 2010

What we love in St. Louis...(so far)

Well Matt and I have been living in St. Louis for (almost) 3 full months...so I thought it might be a good idea to let everyone know what we love about it/things we've done so far:


1) The St. Louis Cardinals: Matt and I have been to 6 Cards games and have loved every single one of them! We have tickets still to come to see the Reds and the Rockies! We also should mention that every game we go to, Albert Pujols hits a homerun! Just saying, but we might be their lucky charm! Also, we have been VERY lucky to see the Budweiser clydesdales twice and experience that always has me so excited! I love seeing them!

2) Grant's Farm: Matt and I are very lucky to live only about 10 minutes from Grant's farm! We have only been once together, but intend on going back again. The tram ride is pretty amazing involving history and animals only feet to inches from you. Although Bud, the male elephant didn't feel like showing us some of his moves and I'm afraid of the demon baby goats, the rest of it is a very fun zoo-like experience followed by a great time sitting and chatting in the beer garden with drinks compliments of Budweiser!

3) Lone Elk Park: Lone Elk Park is a wildlife management area, where elk and bison roam freely within park boundaries. It’s fun to ride through the park trying to spot them, and the many other animals that live in the park. Matt and I have been several times alone and with family members. We have even been fortunate enough to visit with a Park Ranger! The animals have come so close to our cars!

4) St. Louis Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure: With 71,800 of our new friends in St. Louis who helped to raise 3.4 million Matt and I participated in the Race for the Cure. I have been participating in this charity for years - starting in college at Baylor and through the years it means a lot to me. This year Matt joined the fight against breast cancer and together we walked (even if we wanted to run, it was 95 degrees and 87% humidity - not to mention who wants to play bob-and-weave through 71,800 people) the race! We had a great time, scored some fun freebies (like my awesome face tats) and helped out a great cause! Although we were exhausted by the end of it, we know we will be back next year!






1 comment:

Liz said...

totally in love w/ matt's pink virginia shirt! i want one!